Saturday, January 14, 2012

Books in Translation Reading Challenge 2012

Well, I seriously thought I was finished with challenge sign-ups for this new year. But it seems I was wrong about that. Gotta squeeze in just one more.

The Books in Translation Reading Challenge is hosted by The Introverted Reader, and runs through December 31, 2012. As the sign-up page says, the challenge is pretty self-explanatory: The object is to read books that have been translated from their original language -- into whatever language you're comfortable reading. One of my main reading goals this year is to read more literature from countries other than the U.S. and England, so this challenge is perfect for me.

There's no limit on genres or formats, and crossovers with other challenges are allowed. You don't even need a blog to participate -- you can link up via Good Reads or Library Thing, or (I assume) any other social media site where you can post your comments. And in order to participate you really only need to read one book -- how easy is that?

To choose your level of participation and sign up, just go to the challenge announcement page here, and leave your link. I'm signing up at the second level ("Conversationalist"), so I'll be trying for 4-6 books. Haven't decided exactly what those books will be yet (although I've already started Thomas Mann's Buddenbrooks), but during the year I'll be tracking my progress over on my challenge blog (here).

2 comments:

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.