Monday, January 23, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays: Liberty


This week my teaser lines come from Garrison Keillor's novel, Liberty -- one of his Lake Wobegon tales. This snippet comes from page 184:
Irene didn't intend to kill Clint, just bring him to his senses. It was time he learned: You can't have everything. Take your choice. Make a life with me or get a bellyful of hot lead.
That sounds a little more violent than the usual Garrison Keillor offering, but I'm pretty sure Irene isn't going to do any real harm to ol' Clint. Well, almost pretty sure anyway.


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

14 comments:

  1. Great teaser! Here is my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't it be easy if the options were ever that black and white ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! New follower :-)
    Here's my TT this week: http://ttoria.blogspot.com

    TToria
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh-oh, hope he learned his lesson! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does sound more violent! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't want the "bellyful of hot lead." No way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does sound a little violent! Someone gave me a couple of Lake Wobegon books a few years ago, but I haven't got around to reading them yet. Maybe this summer. Thanks for your comment earlier. Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've yet to read anything by this author, but from what I've heard on the radio I think he'd be hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read other Garrison Keillor books and enjoyed them, and I'm sure this one would be no exception. Just because a character is thinking something doesn't mean she'll actually do it -- usually!
    Here's my teaser: Sandy's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser, sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Garrison Keillor and listening to Prairie Home companion. Lake Wobegone is one of my favorite places, but I read one of his books a few years ago and it didn't 'gt' me like listening to him. Maybe I should try again:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool sounding book - great teaser and love the cover.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.