Monday, January 16, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays: The Night Strangers


This week my teaser lines come from Chris Bohjalian's The Night Strangers: Chip and Emily Linton and their twin daughters have just moved into their new home -- a huge old Victorian house in a remote area of New England.
If they noticed a door with thirty-nine carriage bolts partially hidden by a moldering pile of coal, the image never registered in either of their minds....
It was only on their third afternoon there, when Chip Linton descended the basement steps with their first ever load of laundry in their new home, that he would sense something from the corner of his eye and turn toward it, realizing as the hairs on the back of his neck began to prickle that behind all that coal in the corner was a door. (p.18)
Things are just about to get very weird.


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

11 comments:

  1. Very eerie... now I want to know what's behind the door.

    Here's my teaser: http://tfwalsh.wordpress.com/2012/01/17/teaser-tuesday-anna-dressed-in-blood/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just creepy with a capital C. *shiver* My teaser: A Tale of Two Cities

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I could continue reading! Here is my teaser from Book 8 of the Anne of Green Gables Series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read this one! Ooh, now my skin is crawling...that cover is so awesome!

    Thanks for sharing....

    Here's MY TT POST and here’s
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something scary is coming! Great tease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I had forgotten this one. I would really like to read it. He's a wonderful author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very scary teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very intriguing. That door has to be opened now! My TT is here: http://wcs53.wordpress.com/2012/01/17/teaser-tuesdays-4/#comments

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a terrifying teaser.

    I like the new look. Sorry it took me so long to find. I am following now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uh-oh. Very creepy and ominous....

    Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesdays_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Midwives by this author, but I didn't know about this book. I'm sure I'd enjoy it too. Thanks for posting a teaser from it.
    Here's mine: Sandy's Teaser

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.