Thursday, January 26, 2012

Booking Through Thursday: Writing or Riveting?

This week, BTT asks: " What’s more important: Good writing? Or a good story? (Of course, a book should have BOTH, but…) "

Well, at first I was tempted to say that if I can only choose one of those, give me good story every time. But then I got to thinking and realized it's very unlikely that just a good story is going to hold my attention very long, if that story isn't well-written. So I really don't think I could choose one over the other. I want both.

Too much to ask?

6 comments:

  1. Well, since we can only choose one, I like a good story. You can read my answer today at http://gigianns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you're saying, Joy...both for me. But here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST and here’s
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it's hard to choose one over the other.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/booking-through-thursday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all want both! lol good answer. Here's my BTT.

    Happy Reading!
    Cathy @Addicted to Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want both too, but in the end good writing wins. A book can be about essentially nothing, but if the writing's beautiful, I can fall in love with it.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.