Monday, January 30, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Well, once again, I only finished one book last week -- Liberty by Garrison Keillor. Hope to get a review up a little later today, but for now I'll just say it wasn't exactly what I was expecting.


This week, I'm reading some science fiction (inspired by Carl V's 2012 Science Fiction Experience): I've started A Fall of Moondust, by Arthur C. Clarke, and I'm thinking of reading another vintage sci-fi novel, Clifford D. Simak's Time and Again. I'm pretty sure I read that last one many, many years ago, but don't really remember much about it.

Also still plugging away at A.S. Byatt's The Children's Book and Kate Morton's The House At Riverton. So far, I'm enjoying both of those, but if I'm going to finish either of them I'm probably going to have to decide on one and stick with it to the end -- something I have trouble doing with these chunksters.



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. If you want to let the world know what books you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs.

6 comments:

  1. I'm taking part in a sci fi challenge too. I love sci fi but I don't read as much of them as I used to. I love Arthur C. Clarke but don't think I have read Moondust.

    Children's Book is a fantastic read. I read that when it first came out and couldn't put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The House of Riverton really grabbed me. I hope you're enjoying it. Have a wonderful week, Joy, and happing reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of The House at Riverton. I've been meaning to read this one....have a great week!

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST and here’s
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm waiting for a Simak book to arrive at my library.

    I finished a nice mix of things. Please come see what I'm reading now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi: It will be fun to learn what you expected from Keillor - I enjoy the radio show and his writing can be fun, but very light. I made an attempt on AS Byatt years ago (could not do it) and House at Riverton (could not do it). I wish you better luck (or perserverance) than me, happy reading, Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm currently listening to a chunkster on my iTouch instead of reading it..makes it go by much faster! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.