Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays: A Fall of Moondust


This week my teaser lines come from a vintage sci-fi novel, Arthur C. Clarke's A Fall of Moondust. In the book, the Dust-cruiser Selene has malfunctioned and been buried deep beneath the Moon's Sea of Thirst, trapping the crew and passengers under many feet of deadly dust. This snippet is from page 118:
It was then that Pat knew, without any further argument, that he was genuinely in love with Susan. For his first reaction was not fear for his own safety, but anger and grief that, after having endured so much, she would have to die within sight of rescue.
I don't usually expect romance from Clarke's books, but this one definitely has a romantic angle to it. And since this teaser comes from about midway through the story, I'm still hoping for a happy ending.


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

7 comments:

  1. Oh. :-( That's a sad one. I've never heard of this book. I'll have to remember this one.

    Here's my teaser!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this book's title. And Pat's reaction definitely suggests he's in love with Susan!

    My teaser is from The Iron King

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, what beautiful writing! Great teaser!!

    xo,
    La Toya (La Toya, Literally)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a classic!

    Mine is a debut novel that jumps off with a school shooting in Britain. http://eyesandearsblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have never been much for sci-fi, but that it a beautiful teaser. Here's hoping you enjoy the ending! My post: Chasing Fire

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sad! My teaser comes from a collection of poetry and short stories by L.M. Montgomery, the author of Anne of Green Gables.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's tough. She's about to be rescued, and she won't make it. His heart has to be breaking.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.