Monday, January 02, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Almost forgot about this being Monday. With all the holiday frazzle and this being my hubby's birthday, I'm a little off-kilter today. Well, a lot off-kilter. What is kilter, anyway?

But I digress. As usual.

I'm starting off the new week and the new year with Penelope Lively's Spiderweb. I figured I should begin the year with something short by an author I've read and enjoyed in the past, and this one fits those requirements perfectly.


And it's also a good fit for several of the new reading challenges I've signed up for -- probably too many again, but a lot fewer than last year, I'm happy to say. I do love challenges, but I tend to get carried away when the new ones start appearing every year. Like the kid in the proverbial candy story. [Note: that should be store. But if there were a candy story, I'd like to be in that, too. But I digress.] This year I'm trying very, very hard to exercise some control.

Last week, I finished off 2011 with Philip Eade's Prince Philip: The Turbulent Early Life of the Man Who Married Queen Elizabeth II, which I enjoyed very much. Not a lot to say about it, though -- it is what it says it is, Philip's early years. If you find the British royal family as entertaining as I do, you'll probably like it; if not, not.


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. If you want to let the world know what books you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs.

7 comments:

  1. That should be interesting, to know what Philip will say! Happy reading.

    I'm in the middle of a yoga memoir, Poser, and relly liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to choose a short book from an author I love also.

    Happy Birthday to hubby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right?? It doesn't seem like a Monday at all!! I'm reading a few books right now on the Kindle and I can't choose which one I want to try to finish first!!

    xo,
    La Toya (La Toya, Literally.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of that author but I would so pick up that book because I love the cover! Have fun with your reading and challenges in 2012....Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spiderweb looks wonderful I hope you enjoy it! :) I am off kilter today too and nope, I dont know what that means ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother would probably enjoy the Prince Phillip book. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joy,

    I'm reading The Accidental Bride. I just finished two good ones: The Mulligans and The Maid of Fairbourne Hall.


    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.