Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Victorian Challenge 2012

I really thought I was done with challenge sign-ups for 2012 (no, I mean really). But apparently I was wrong about that. Just can't resist one more.

The Victorian Challenge, hosted by Laura's Reviews, runs throughout 2012. The object of the challenge is to read (or watch or listen to) 2 to 6 (or more) Victorian items. Anything written during this time period qualifies for the challenge -- also books set during the Victorian age, or books about a Victorian author, history, manners, architecture, Queen Victoria etc. You can find more information and sign up for the challenge here.

I've already got Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre on my list for this year. And I'm thinking that this might be the year I finally read The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins. Also, it's just about time for a re-read of Lewis Carroll's Alice books, too. So I've got several books in mind. Whatever I end up reading, watching, etc., I'll be tracking my progress on my challenge blog, here.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have fun with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a challenge that will give you the chance to reread some of the classics! I have the Moonstone on my Kindle but have not yet read that one. Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite books. +

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.