Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays: Happy Families

Wow, was that summer that just zipped by? Can you believe it's September already? I say this every year, but this summer really seemed very short. And I could definitely use another couple weeks of August right now. Of course, if I had small kiddoes going back to school, I probably wouldn't feel the same way!

Ah, well. Back to the subject at hand. This week I'm starting The Horned Man by James Lasdun, one of the books I've picked for the R.I.P. IV Challenge. Or at least I think I've picked it – it hasn't passed the first-fifty-pages-test yet, but it's been on my TBR list for a while now. This snippet is a bit more than two lines (sorry about that):
The next morning my stepfather took me to the Royal Aldersbury. It was a fine spring day: the May was flowering in the hedges and the apple orchards were in bloom. We drove in silence: by tacit agreement we never spoke to each other when my mother wasn't around. [p. 85]
Hmmm. Well, that just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, now doesn't it?


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB17 at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or participate yourself, head on over to her blog. And these are the rules: Grab your current read; Let the book fall open to a random page. Share with us two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12. You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given! Please avoid spoilers!

14 comments:

  1. That makes me feel sad :( But it's an interesting teaser.

    Mine is up at Find the Time to Read, it's zombie themed for the YA Zombie Appreciation Week :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You teased us good this week. I want to know why they don't talk to each other and what else is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cover! I'll have to check this one out :) Great teaser this week! My teaser accompanies a giveaway on my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting teaser and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is freaking fantastic and I love the teaser. It makes me want to know the family dynamics.

    Here is mine:

    http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com/2009/09/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love family drama, especially in the car where there's no escape. also, tacit is one of my favorite words in the English language. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover scares me!! Very good teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good teaser, but what a sad agreement!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a very loving family - but I love the cover art! Good teaser!

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting teaser and I love the cover art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love the gargoyle on the cover. I have tons of photographs just like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. For some reason I am greeting September kicking and pouting! Maybe because it just goes to fast!

    Great cover.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well now that sounds strange. Why do they not talk unless the mother is around?

    My teaser is here -> Teaser Tuesday - September 1, 2009

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting teaser :) I wonder why 'mother' makes them talk.

    Thanks for calling by my teaser :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.