Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fall Into Reading 2009

Well, you finish one challenge, you start another – right? I just wrapped up the Battle of the Prizes Challenge, so now I'm signing up for Callapidder Days' Fall Into Reading 2009 challenge. It begins September 22 and ends December 20. It's a "fun, low-pressure reading challenge" without too many rules, and with no real limits on the books you can read. To read all the guidelines, and join the challenge, just visit the sign-up page here.

The only real requirement is to post a list of books you think you might like to read during the challenge, so I've pulled together a short list to work from. Most of these titles have been on my TBR stack for a while now, but I'm also including a few newcomers. The list, of course, is subject to change, but I'm hoping to get through at least of few of these:

  • Homer & Langley. E.L. Doctorow
  • If on a winter's night a traveler. Italo Calvino
  • Lethal Legacy. Linda Fairstein
  • Liberty. Garrison Keillor
  • People of the Book. Geraldine Brooks
  • Play It As It Lays. Joan Didion
  • Seek My Face. John Updike
  • The Inn at Lake Devine. Elinor Lipman
  • The Lost Symbol. Dan Brown
  • The Rapture. Liz Jensen

As the challenge goes on, you can check out my modified list on my progress page here.

This challenge should be a big help in my attempt to read fifty books this year. As far as other reading goals, I really just have one perpetual goal – to keep myself reading as much as possible. Sounds simple, I know, but I'm a terrible back-slider.

9 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to just continue with the one final challenge; it's that year-long one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rapture is excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed The Lost Symbol. Enjoy your books and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does seem like these "reading challenges" come back to back. ha. But they are fun. Your list looks interesting. Good luck in meeting your 50-book goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see The Lost Symbol on quite a few lists. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy Garrison Keillor on the radio, but haven't read any of his books yet. I should check them out. And I'm seeing The Lost Symbol on lots of lists -- Dan Brown is usually good for a real page-turner.

    Enjoy your reading, and thanks for being part of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well the only one I have heard of is The Lost Symbol - it's on my list too! Hope you enjoy them all - goo dluck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joy,
    The `Rapture` looks like an interesting book.
    Enjoy Reading
    Joyful

    Please visit me @
    http://apudiem.com/

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.