Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Salon: On a Sunny Sunday

This will be short and - well, maybe not sweet, but short anyway. Federer and Djokovic are in the midst of the Men's Semi-Finals at the US Open, the Redskins are losing to the Giants, and M is getting ready to start grilling the salmon for dinner. There's a new "Inspector Lewis" on Masterpiece Mystery tonight, and a new episode of Mad Men later on. So I can see I'm not likely to get much reading done tonight. Hope to get back on track tomorrow.

The week just past was actually a pretty good week in reading for me. Although I didn't finish any books, I did get several reviews posted:
And since I've really been lagging behind in that department lately, it felt pretty good. Now if I can just make myself sit down and write a review of Ellen Gilchrist's Victory Over Japan, I'll be able to wrap up the Battle of the Prizes Challenge - which would be nice, as the challenge ended over a week ago! Yes, I'm old, but I'm slow.

And that's about all I've got for now. We've had some really beautiful weather today - one of those gorgeous end-of-summer days with lots of sunshine, low humidity, and a nice breeze through the poplars out front. It was very welcome coming after the wet, gloomy, cooler than normal week we've just survived. Even so, fall is definitely in the air around here now. And, although it's been a couple of generations since I was a schoolgirl, that kind of weather always makes me want to start drawing up my reading plans and looking forward to the books of autumn. How about you?

1 comment:

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.