Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Reading Thing 2009

Well, when you finish one reading challenge, what is there to do? Sign up for more, right? The Winter Reading Challenge ends today (see my wrap-up post), and Spring begins. What better time to start thinking about new books to read? And I've found a new challenge that should help me get into a springtime reading mood.

The Spring Reading Thing 2009 Challenge, hosted by Katrina over at Callapidder Days, runs from today through June 20, and it's a very easy-to-do challenge: no minimum or maximum number of books, no categories, not many rules. Just make a tentative list of however many books you think you might like to read, and post it on your blog. Then head over to the SRT/2009 announcement page, and sign up. Oh, and you can change your list whenever you want, over the course of the challenge. See – I said it was easy.

Right now, my list for this one is pretty much in flux. I've already got about a dozen or so books earmarked for other challenges, between now and the end of June, but I'd like to add at least one or two new titles for SRT/2009. So these are some of the books I'm looking at:

People of the Book, by Geraldine Brooks
Lydia Cassatt Reading the Morning Paper, by Harriet Scott Chessman
Solstice Wood, by Patricia A. McKillip
Loop Group, by Larry McMurtry
The Forgotten Garden, by Kate Morton
The Way Through the Woods, or The Wench Is Dead, by Colin Dexter
The Women, by T.C. Boyle
Loving Frank, by Nancy Horan

I seem to have a sort of Frank Lloyd Wright thing going with those last two titles, don't I? Well, we'll see what develops – I'm sure I'll be adjusting/adding to the list as time goes on. Now I just have to decide if I want to sign on for the Once Upon a Time III Challenge, as well.

11 comments:

  1. Great list! I see a few here I want to check out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I should add Loving Frank to my list. It's been sitting on my shelves for awhile now. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great list! I'm curious about T.C.Boyle's new book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. I need to make mine and get busy! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. I have People of the Book to read too. Somehow I missed the Winter Challenge but I'm on board for the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these... I can't wait to hear what you think of them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these, but several of them look very interesting. I'll have to check them out! Thanks for being part of Spring Reading Thing '09!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list.. love the SRT challenge.. have fun reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list for your Spring reading.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.