Thursday, March 05, 2009

Challenged Again: The 1% Well-Read Challenge

My Inner Responsible Person is wringing her hands and crying "No, no, NO!" right now. But I've found yet one more challenge that looks just too good to pass up. It's the 1% Well-Read Challenge, hosted by Michelle from 1 More Chapter, and running from March 1, 2009 to March 31, 2010.

Basically the challenge is to read 10-13 books from the lists put together by the editors of the book 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die. Now I've already signed up for The Guardian 1000 Novels Challenge, and this one should match up well with that one, since crossovers are allowed.

The challenge announcement page has links to the original list of 1001 books, as well as the newer updated list. I haven't come up with a list of my own yet, but a brief preliminary check shows that I've only read something like 150 of the titles. So I've got plenty of choices to think about.

Now I just have to try to calm that Inner Responsible Person a little before I start thinking about joining the Cozy Mystery Challenge 2009, as well!

----------------
For my tentative reading list, go here.

4 comments:

  1. Yea! Come on over to the dark side! I love this challenge because I genuinely want to read so many of these books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, how many challenges now?

    You should do a tutorial on how you keep all of these challenges organized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Guardian list is really up my alley. I think it will keep me entertained for many years to come. I'm slowly working my way through the list, of which about a third I have read.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.