Monday, March 30, 2009

It's Monday! What are you reading this week?

Almost didn't do a "what are you reading" post this week. I'm afraid last week wasn't a great reading week for me. Didn't get much reading done; didn't finish any books. So my list for this week is still the same as it was last week. I'll be reading (and, I hope, finishing up) Angels & Demons by Dan Brown, and The Private Patient by P.D. James. And I'll be starting The Way Through the Woods, by Colin Dexter. Have to finish that last one quickly because it's due at the library later this week.

Which brings me to something I've realized lately. Not a very surprising revelation, I suppose. But I do seem to read books faster when they've been checked out of the library. As I say, not too surprising – that due-date deadline is a great incentive to sit down and get the book read, even though I know I can renew or check it out again, or in most cases could simply buy my own copy. Maybe I should stop buying so many books and just do a little more library browsing. That might be a more efficient way of reducing my TBR list, and better for my budget, too. So I'm sure that strategy would get my husband's vote!

This weekly-reading roundup is hosted by J. Kaye. If you want to participate or just see what everyone is reading this week, head on over to J. Kaye's Book Blog.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Dan Brown - Steve and I both did! Look forward to your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the books. I think I read library books quickly because there's that pesky due date, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.