Monday, April 21, 2008

Random Photo Monday: Wedding Day

I know this isn't a very good photo - it's a really old copy of the even older original. But it's clear enough to see that these two don't look very excited about having the photo taken. Probably had to hold that pose for many uncomfortable minutes.

This is a wedding photo of my grandfather and grandmother, my father's parents. They were married in April of 1902 - April 15th, so I missed the date by a few days. He was 20 and she was 19 at the time. And although they don't look happy here, they were married for 30 years (until his early death at age 50) and had eight children. She outlived him by 42 years and never remarried.

1 comment:

  1. I just love these pictures -- I have never seen pictures of
    Granny as a young woman and I am fascinated. Just think, MaMa was only two months old when this picture was taken!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.