Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Pulitzer Prizes

This year's Pulitzer Prize winners have been announced, and the fiction award has gone to Junot Diaz for his novel The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. Probably not a book I'm likely to read, but I love the title. One of the other finalists might be interesting, however – Lore Segal's Shakespeare's Kitchen sounds like something to explore.

There were two award winners in the Poetry category this year – Robert Hass for Time and Materials, and Philip Schultz for Failure. Also, a special honorary award (or "citation," actually) was given to Bob Dylan "for his profound impact on popular music and American culture, marked by lyrical compositions of extraordinary poetic power." How appropriate for National Poetry Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.