Monday, April 28, 2008

Another Challenge: 342,745 Ways to Herd Cats

I resisted this challenge for a while, but that kitty-on-a-book picture is just so cute! And it does sound like a lot of fun. Renay at bottle-of-shine came up with the idea. It's called the 342,745 Ways to Herd Cats Challenge (yes, there is an explanation for that title), and these are the basic guidelines (the logistics are a little complicated, but it's really pretty straightforward):

1. Make a list of ten books you love. That's the only qualification; you had to love (or at least like it) the books on the list. . . .
2. Share the list by posting it on your blog and then letting me have the link!
3. Browse the lists created by our other members. . . . There will also be a master list of books available when people actually makes their lists.
4. Read at least three books recommended by others between May 1st - November 30th, 2008. Of course, more is fine! Encouraged, even!
5. Write reviews of the books you read! . . . Three is just the minimum, in order not to scare off people who shall remain nameless that might be a member of 745,936,623 reading challenges.
6. Share the links to your reviews for the challenge. . . . All reviews will be collected in the reviews (link will exist soon) tag, and all participants will be listed in (who would've guessed), the participants tag.

The master list of titles is here. So far, it runs to over 400 books!

Here's my list of ten books. I checked the master list first, and tried to make sure I was choosing titles that weren't already there. I was a little surprised to find that Huck Finn and Through the Looking-Glass hadn't made it yet.

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain
The Club Dumas, by Arturo Perez-Reverte
Edwin Mullhouse, by Steven Millhauser
The Haunting of Hill House, by Shirley Jackson
The Hills At Home, by Nancy Clark
Lonesome Dove, by Larry McMurtry
Nine Stories, by J.D. Salinger
Some Tame Gazelle, by Barbara Pym
Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There, by Lewis Carroll
The White Album, by Joan Didion

Haven't decided on the three books I'll read for the challenge. Guess I'll wait till after the master list gets a little longer!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog Joy. I have read Club Dumas quite a time ago and enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.