Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day or Close To It

Greetings, Earthlings!

OK, maybe it wasn't the exact day - but this photo was taken in April or May of 1970, back around the time of the very first Earth Day. And since we thought of ourselves as "children of the earth" back then, I thought it would be appropriate for today. Well, we looked pretty earthy, didn't we?

So there we were - M. and me, along with his two brothers and our sister-in-law. I'm the one out in front, flashing peace signs all over the place. Notice how the sis-in-law is trying to keep her distance. Well, she would have been pregnant with our niece at the time, so her maternal protective instincts must have been kicking in. Or just her normal better judgment.

Have a happy (green) day, everybody.

2 comments:

  1. What a great picture! I love your hair -- I could never live with the growing out process long enough to get it that long! 1970--I wasn't married, we were really still children. I just love your blog pics! Happy Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace, baby! What a great picture.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.