Monday, April 28, 2008

Random Photo Monday: Family Group

Not my family this time. This is actually a photo of the family of M's (maternal) grandmother - she's the tiny girl, third from the right, holding a large baby doll. She was born April 24, 1905, and would have been about 5 years old here.

Her mother, Louisa, is to her left. Her father, Henry Fest, stands in the center of the shot. The other young people are three of her four older brothers and her older sister.

The photo was taken around 1910, on their farm in San Antonio, Texas, on what became San Pedro Avenue.

M's grandmother is no longer with us, but if she were, I don't think she'd be too surprised that I'm a little late with my birthday tribute.

1 comment:

  1. Was this house at the site of the house I knew? What was her mother's name? Another cool picture. I went past their place last weekend -- of course, you can't even recognize where it was anymore. Hmmm..progress, I guess. Anyway, still loving the pics!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.