Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays: Angels of Destruction

As usual, I've got several books going at the moment, so it took me a little while to make up my mind about which one to use for a teaser. Decided on Keith Donohue's Angels of Destruction – one of the ARCs I never managed to read last year (but thanks to the ARC Reading Challenge, I'm finally getting around to all those unread advance copies that were glaring at me from their shelves, making me feel so guilty).

I'm a few pages away from this snippet, so I'm not really sure exactly what's going on. But I know the two people involved are Norah, a mysterious young orphan, and her classmate Sean. And Norah has just been trying to persuade Sean to share her cigarette. From p.35:
"I know lots of things," she said, and catching the interest in his eyes, she shrieked and tore off through the woods, her shoes skating across the snow and bare earth, and he did not catch up to her until they reached the back fence of Mrs. Quinn's yard. At a blind corner, they nearly crashed, and as he caught himself short by grabbing her shoulders, Norah screamed at the touch and laughed and screamed again, and he could see stars glistening at the back of her throat.
Okey-dokey. Apparently the book combines elements of fantasy and reality in telling its tale, but even so, I'm wondering about those stars. . . .

How about you? Got a great teaser from a book you're reading right now? Want to play along? Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

12 comments:

  1. Ugh. A screamer. Those females drive me up a wall.

    My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting.

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/04/teaser_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm . . . .

    I think I'll wait for your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting teaser, love the cover, looking forward to your review on this one.

    My teaser is from Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! I added these to my TBR a couple months ago I think. I have two teasers this week at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser and I love the cover thanks for the goodreads link makes it so easy to add to my book list...Hope you enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I added this yesterday to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely veering more towards the fantastic so far! :)

    Here's mine: http://hampshireflyer.wordpress.com/2010/04/27/teaser-tuesday-13/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your teaser and the cover of the book. I can't tell whether the girl is in real trouble or not.

    http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2010/04/tuesday-teaser-by-shouldbereadingwordpr.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great teaser!! I checked this one out once...but I had to return it unread..so, I'm excited to read your review when you're finished. Maybe I'll have to check it out again!?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.