Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays: The Forgotten Garden

This week I'm reading a couple of ARCs, and really don't feel good about quoting from books that haven't actually been published yet. So my teaser lines come from a book I'm thinking about reading. One of the groups I follow at Good Reads has chosen Kate Morton's The Forgotten Garden as their group read in April, and since I already had it on my TBR list, it's tempting to join in. However, the book is over 500 hundred pages long, in the paperback edition. So I'm still trying to decide if I should take the plunge right now.

Since I haven't actually started reading yet, I'm not really certain exactly what's going on here, or who the people are, or how they relate to the story. But this snippet comes very early on, from page 11:
Then he led her to sit by him on a fallen gum trunk, smooth and white, and he leaned to whisper in her ear. Transferred the secret he and her mother had kept for seventeen years. . . . Watched as the bottom fell out of her world and the person she had been vanished in an instant.
So, should I throw caution to the wind and keep reading, or what?


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

18 comments:

  1. Must be a major secret. I think I'd have to keep reading if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely....you need to find out more! Great tease!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds fairly ominous. And interesting, of course. I'm curious now - you've done your job well! Great teaser.

    If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Yes! Yes! This is such a wonderful book. I loved it. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.

    My TT is from The Seventh Witch and can be found here

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely the best teaser I have come across, it leaves one completely teased. What happened? My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/04/teaser-tuesdays-in-shadow-of-cypress.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser, leaves you wanting much more, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, keep reading that teaser has me interested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you will enjoy your book. [My Tuesday Teaser]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I WOULD! I've had this one on my shelf forever but haven't been able to find time to get to it! If my April were more open than it is, I would join that group on GoodReads. Great teaser. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep reading!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know I'm tempted to pick up that book just by reading that teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That must have been a devastating secret! Keep rading!
    Here's my Teaser Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Pretty powerful stuff. I think I'll have to add that to my to read list. Thanks for checking out my teaser earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes....please keep reading and tell us about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting teaser! I'd definitely keep reading if I were you! I'm adding this book to my tbr list right now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like something I would read.

    here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wonder how you could stop!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very tempting to keep reading, I'd say!

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.