Thursday, April 29, 2010

Booking Through Thursday: Restrictions


This week, BTT has come up with this truly devilish predicament:
God* comes to you and tells you that, from this day forward, you may only read ONE type of book–one genre–period, but you get to choose what it is. Classics, Science-Fiction, Mystery, Romance, Cookbooks, History, Business … you can choose, but you only get ONE.

What genre do you pick, and why?

*Whether you believe in God or not, pretend for the purposes of this discussion that He is real.
That's easy. No god I could ever believe in would try to enforce such horrendous restrictions.

My god believes variety is the spice of life. My god believes in live and let live. And my god believes all genres and literary devices are created equal.

Even those zombies and vampires.

5 comments:

  1. God and I would have to negotiate (hey if he is standing there then I can do that right?)

    If I had to pick one it would PNR but I would really miss Thrillers, Classics, and Romance :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - my God could never be so cruel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an impossible choice. I'd end up breaking the rule.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I could choose one... I love auto-biographies (that's the nosey side of me!), but I also love to escape into other books.

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.