Monday, April 05, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at One Persons Journey Through a World of Books. If you want to let the world know what books you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link.

Haven't been doing much blogging lately. Well, I've been reading other people's blogs, but haven't been working on my own very often. Don't know why. Maybe it's spring fever. Maybe it's too much thinking about all that spring cleaning I should be doing. But for whatever reason, I've been neglecting this blog for the last week or so. Must try to do better. However, I have been getting a little book reading done.
  • Finished last week:
    A Stitch in Time, by Monica Ferris.
    A Fair Maiden, by Joyce Carol Oates

  • Reviews posted last week:
    Contact, by Carl Sagan. Just one. I've got several others started. Finishing them up is at the top of my "to do" list this week.

  • Reading this week:
    The Swimming Pool, by Holly LeCraw
    Live to Tell, by Lisa Gardner

  • Next up:
    A River in the Sky, by Elizabeth Peabody
    An American Type, by Henry Roth. This is an Early Reviewer book from Library Thing, and hasn't actually arrived yet, but the publisher says it's on its way. If and when it shows up, I'll be dropping everything else to get it read and reviewed (don't want to anger the Almighty Algorithm).

  • In the works:
    At least half a dozen reviews to be finished, and a couple more to be started. (So embarrassing!)

6 comments:

  1. I love to read other people blogs too. And yeah, it has occasionally cut into my reading time. I cant help it - I love to chat and see what people are reading ;)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on not upsetting the algorithm!

    LOL. Have a lovely reading week, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about The Swimming Pool. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golly, I want all of your books. I love Monica Ferris' needlework cozies. I want to read The Swimming Pool. I am in a Oates challenge. I've never heard of My Fair Maiden.

    http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2010/04/what-are-you-reading-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a great reading week...I'm so behind on reviews too =/ hopefully I'll get better at that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Live to Tell sounds like a great one!!! Have a great week Joy!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.