Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday Thingers: LT Memes

Tuesday Thingers is hosted by Wendi of Wendi's Book Corner. This week, she has another interesting topic for the group:

Do you visit the memes section often? Have you visited recently? Have you discovered anything that surprises you when you visit the memes for your library?

First of all, Happy Saint Paddy's Day, everyone! I'm not Irish and at the moment I'm not wearing a single bit of green (shame on me!), but my hubby is part Irish (the worst part, he says), so I guess that makes me sort of adopted Irish.

OK, now for the question. And the short answer would be "no." I think the only other time I've looked at the meme section at LibraryThing was when we had another Tuesday Thingers question about it, many, many months ago. So I haven't visited it lately – not until today. And the most interesting thing I found today was that the authors in my library can be divided up by gender (well, of course they can), and that most of my authors are dead! Only 35.7% are alive; 15 are listed as "not a person" and 269 are "unknown."

Right away, I can see at least a few in the "unknown" category who I know are most definitely alive, but I don't really see any way to correct that listing, so I guess they'll just have to remain unknown for now. I wonder if that's anything like being undead? Well, since several of them are English professors and a few are my husband's colleagues, that's an interesting question.

3 comments:

  1. I think that there's a way to change their status to "living" but I don't know how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we are all trying to figure out how to bring the unknown back to life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Joy - your stats are pretty interesting. :) Men are a minority of the authors on my shelves for some reason, and I don't really think I've got that many romance books either. . . as for the dead/alive/unknown, I'm still trying to figure that one out.

    Thanks for stopping by and participating in Thingers last week! I've got the post up for this week, we're taking a look at our favorite books. ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.