Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: The Lost Symbol


This week my teaser lines come from The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.  In this snippet from page 48 we're in Washington DC, with a tour group visiting the Capitol Rotunda:
As the bald man hurried off, disappearing through the east portico, a little boy nearby could be heard saying, "Mommy, that man dropped something." The boy drifted toward the object but suddenly stopped short.  After a long, motionless beat, he pointed and let out a deafening scream.
In all my years of working in Washington, I never visited the Rotunda.  But there were plenty of other things about DC that made me want to scream!


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

12 comments:

  1. I wasn't crazy about this one... like DaVinci Code better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, I'm enjoying it pretty much, but I think I liked the DaVinci Code better, too.

    Thanks for the visit, and have a great week of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this one, but I'm sure it's going to be a proper adventure. Enjoy your read & thanks for visiting A Book Blog of One's Own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about that! With Dan Brown, you can always expect lots of action and many twists and turns. And I think that's just what I need right now!

      Thanks for stopping by, and happy reading this week.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read Dan Brown in ages...this one does pique my interest. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great teaser and you're right, there is a lot to scream about in DC. Thanks for stopping by Southern Girl Reads today, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to DC but this teaser definitely makes it sound as interesting as I think it would be. lol. Thanks for sharing! =) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I borrowed this one from my sister last year and still haven't got round to reading it. Must make an effort to do so this year. BTW, I have been to the Capitol and rotunda--well worth the visit! my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never read any Dan Brown books and I hope to some day.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Intriguing teaser! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This wasn't my favorite if his, but it was enjoyable. Not great, but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool... haven't read this book yet...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.