Friday, January 04, 2013

2013 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge


What, another one???!!!

I know I said "not so many this year" -- well, I say that every year, but this year I really meant it.  (Do you sense a big HOWEVER coming?)

However, after I signed up for the Chunkster Challenge earlier today, that made thirteen challenges for this year, and I've always been very superstitious about the number 13.  Sooooo, it was absolutely necessary to sign up for one more, just to feel safe. I mean, you can see that, can't you?

So, necessity is the mother of insanity here. 

And this is one I had my eye on, anyway.  The 2013 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge is hosted by Jennifer at Reading with Tequila, and runs from January to December 2013.  The idea is to read books from a master list of books recommended by a dozen book bloggers (see the list here), and there are five different levels of participation to choose from.  I'll be signing up at Level I, so I'll be reading five books from the list.  An advance list isn't required, but right now I'm thinking about:
  1. The Bell Jar. Sylvia Plath
  2. In Cold Blood. Truman Capote
  3. The Night Circus. Erin Morgenstern
  4. The Nine Billion Names of God. Arthur C. Clarke
  5. The Prestige. Christopher Priest
But that could change.  I'll be keeping track of all my challenge reading over on my challenge blog, HERE

3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    WHERE did you find a copy of "In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote at??? I've been searching EVERYWHERE for that bugger!!! PLEASE do tell if you remember!!!
    Thanks!
    Laurie Carlson
    laurieisreading at gmail dot com
    I will be forever grateful to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. LOVE your blog! I'm JUST as addicted to Reading Challenges as you are!!! LOL!!!
    Laurie Carlson

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.