Monday, January 07, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I know I'm getting this up a little late, but it's still Monday (at least around here), so here goes....

I'm still trying to get back on some sort of regular reading schedule, after a huge slump that lasted most of the fall and all through the holidays.  I spent part of last week and pretty much all of the weekend playing around with new reading challenges for 2013.  So far, I've signed up for 14 new challenges, including the two I've got going over at Library Thing (see the list here).  I know that sounds like a lot, but I've found that the challenges do help keep me reading, even if I don't manage to read all the books I commit to.  So I might actually sign up for a couple more that look really tempting.

I'm starting off the new year with a couple of new reads:


The Burning Court, by John Dickson Carr 


The Lost Symbol, by Dan Brown

and one that I started last month but never really got into:


The Heat of the Sun, by David Rain

They all seem like they'll be quick reads, even for a slowpoke reader such as moi.  I really should try to finish up the David Rain book first, since it was an Early Reviewer book from Library Thing, and I'm extremely late in getting around to it.  But The Lost Symbol has really sucked me in, and I'll probably stick with that one for now.

So, that's it.  Hope everybody has a great week of reading! Now, back to the books....

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. If you want to let the world know what books you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Joy,

    I wanted to wish you a Happy New Year, but I can see that you're busy reading!

    I thought you said you weren't going to overload with challenges . . . ? Well, if I know anything about you, you'll make all 14.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sally. Well, I'm TRYING to get myself back into reading, after a really annoying dry spell these last few months. Just too much real life going on!

      Thanks for dropping by, and a Happy New Year to you, too!

      Delete
  2. I hope you find lots of time to read this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I -- the weeks just don't seem to have enough hours for reading and all the other stuff! Hope you have a great week of reading, too.

      Delete
  3. 14 new challenges? That is impressive!

    Wishing you a great reading week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it seems impressive until you look at some bloggers who've signed up for several dozen! But I may get there yet.

      Hope you have a wonderful week of reading, too!

      Delete
  4. loved the lost symbol..:) and i am doing way too many challenges this year..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I'm enjoying it quite a lot. I've always found Dan Brown's work pretty entertaining.

      Thanks for the visit, and good luck with all your challenges!

      Delete
  5. I have overdosed on challenges this year too, even though I swore I would tone it down this year. There are still some I want to join ... like the Books in Translation one you joined. I will be interested if you review the John Dickson Carr book. I have not read any of those and I plan to sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading Bring Me a Unicorn - diary and letters of Anne Morrow Lindberg. At first I almost quit - wasn't in the mood to read someone's daily, inner thoughts but as I went further it became more letters than diaries and I've stuck with it. A view of Charles Lindberg from the woman who eventually married him - she's written several of this type of book...don't know if there is one with the time of their baby being kidnapped.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.