Monday, July 26, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. If you want to let the world know what books you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link.

Last Monday I was still at the beach. (Sigh!) And although the weather wasn't perfect while we were there (record heat and humidity all along the Atlantic coast), it was mostly sunny and great for lazing in the sand (with judicious use of sun screen, of course). I only finished two books while we were there, and nearly finished two more. But two books in one week is pretty good for me, especially with all that people-watching and Margarita-drinking to distract me. So, anyway, this is my report for the last couple of weeks.
  • Finished last week:

    Damaged, by Alex Kava (Working on my review of this one.)

    The Egypt Game, by Zilpha Keatley Snyder (Read this one for the Banned Books Project, and very glad I did; it's a really delightful – if just slightly dated – story for young folks.)


  • Recent reviews posted:
    Live to Tell, by Lisa Gardner.


    The Angel's Game, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. (Just a brief report on past reading – something I hope to do more of in the future.)


  • Reading this week:

    The Vanishing of Katharina Linden, by Helen Grant (Still working on this one. Not much more to go, so I should be able to finish it before the end of the week.)


    The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, by Alan Bradley (Ditto on this one. Loving it, so far.)

    Besides the above two that I'm still working on, I've also just got a copy of Stieg Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo from the library (after waiting in the queue for several weeks), and I'll probably be starting in on that.


  • Next up:
    Something will emerge. It always does.

12 comments:

  1. SO jealous that you got to hang at the beach! Hope you had a good time!

    My mom recently saw the movie The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo and LOVED it...now she wants to read the whole series!

    I am currently reading For the King's Favor by Elizabeth Chadwick and REALLY enjoying it!

    Have a great week Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like a lot of people are reading The Vanishing of Katharina Linden...I am still on the fence. I'll check back this week for the review!

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is a good read. it does start off kinda slow, but picks up and is quite intriguing reading. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent books. I have Lisa Gardner's book waiting for me and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is brilliant. Have a wonderful week reading. My Monday is located here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you thought of "Damaged". I have "Live To Tell" in my tbr review pile and can't wait to read.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting ones. Enjoy your books!

    Here is my post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I listened to Sweetness and really enjoyed it too. Have a great week in books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books. I have to read your review of the Lisa Gardner book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for reminding about The Egypt Game, I saw that at the book store this weekend, and wanted to check it out at the library.
    I think I will pass on the Dragon Tattoo series.
    Here is my list:
    http://www.gerberadaisydiaries.com/2010/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't gotten around to reading any of Stieg Larsson's books. I really should!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have some great-looking books there...I just checked out your review of Live to Tell, as I'm wanting that. Now I have to have it!

    Here's my Monday:

    http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2010/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. My daughter has a copy of The Egypt Game, but we haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.