Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A-Z Wednesday: "W"

A-Z Wednesday is hosted by Vicki at Reading At The Beach. To join in, just visit her blog for the guidelines and leave your link in a comment.

This week's letter is "W." So I went to my shelves, and this is what I pulled out.

Wish You Were Here
Written by Rita Mae Brown
and Sneaky Pie Brown
First published 1990


Publisher's Description:
Curiosity just might be the death of Mrs. Murphy--and her human companion, Mary Minor "Harry" Haristeen. Small towns are like families: Everyone lives very close together . . . and everyone keeps secrets. Crozet, Virginia, is a typical small town--until its secrets explode into murder. Crozet's thirty-something post-mistress, Mary Minor "Harry" Haristeen, has a tiger cat (Mrs. Murphy) and a Welsh Corgi (Tucker), a pending divorce, and a bad habit of reading postcards not addressed to her. When Crozet's citizens start turning up murdered, Harry remembers that each received a card with a tombstone on the front and the message "Wish you were here" on the back. Intent on protecting their human friend, Mrs. Murphy and Tucker begin to scent out clues. Meanwhile, Harry is conducting her own investigation, unaware her pets are one step ahead of her. If only Mrs. Murphy could alert her somehow, Harry could uncover the culprit before the murder occurs--and before Harry finds herself on the killer's mailing list.
See my review here.

See the book's page at Amazon.com here.

And a selection of covers of other editions:

5 comments:

  1. Definitely one I would enjoy I think. A lot of crazy covers!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/07/to-z-starts-with-w.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like there's lots going on in this book!

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've enjoyed some other Rita Mae Brown books! And I've seen the books around with the Sneaky Pie Brown character...sounds good!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have this oen in my tbr =D

    Here's my W

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.