Friday, December 31, 2010

Challenge Wrap-Up: RYOB (Read Your Own Books) 2010

This was the second time I've participated in MizB's RYOB (Read Your Own Books) Challenge. I planned to read twenty of my own books, and actually read thirty. So I'd say it was mostly a success. My only problem was that many of the books I read were ARCs, which means I didn't really clear as many books off my long-term TBR stack as I'd hoped. Still, it was a fun challenge, and kept me reading - which is the main reason I sign up for all these challenges anyway.

Here's my list of books read (in roughly the order I read them), with links to reviews:
  1. Venom. Joan Brady
  2. People of the Book. Geraldine Brooks
  3. Mrs. Malory and Any Man's Death. Hazel Holt
  4. The Brontes Went to Woolworths. Rachel Ferguson
  5. Heresy. S.J. Parris
  6. A Stitch in Time. Monica Ferris
  7. The Swimming Pool. Holly LeCraw
  8. An American Type. Henry Roth
  9. A River in the Sky. Elizabeth Peters
  10. Live To Tell. Lisa Gardner
  11. The Map of True Places. Brunonia Barry
  12. Innocent. Scott Turow
  13. The Forgotten Garden. Kate Morton
  14. The Spider Bites. Medora Sale
  15. The Good Psychologist. Noam Shpancer
  16. Damaged. Alex Kava
  17. The Egypt Game. Zilpha Keatley Snyder
  18. Think of a Number. John Verdon
  19. All Is Forgotten, Nothing Is Lost. Lan Samantha Chang
  20. The Convent. Panos Karnezis
  21. The House Next Door. Anne Rivers Siddons
  22. Animal Farm. George Orwell
  23. After Claude. Iris Owens
  24. We Have Always Lived in the Castle. Shirley Jackson
  25. The Vanishing of Katharina Linden. Helen Grant
  26. The Distant Hours. Kate Morton
  27. Juliet. Anne Fortier
  28. The Weird Sisters. Eleanor Brown
  29. The Thirty-Nine Steps. John Buchan
  30. Operation Terror. Murray Leinster

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.