Friday, December 31, 2010

Challenge Wrap-Up: New Authors Challenge 2010

The New Authors Challenge is definitely one of my favorite challenges. In fact, I've already signed up for the 2011 edition. Hosted by Jackie of Literary Escapism, it's a really great way to introduce yourself to authors you've never read before, and even genres you've never explored.

When I signed up I said I'd commit to reading fifteen new authors, but I had a feeling I'd do a lot better than that. And I was right: I actually read thirty-three books by authors I'd never read before. As usual, I didn't do quite as well with the reviewing as I did with the reading. Hope to do better with that next year. But for now, here's my list of books read, with links to existing reviews:

The Anthologist. Nicholson Baker
The Raphael Affair. Iain Pears
Venom. Joan Brady
Quattrocento. James McKean
People of the Book. Geraldine Brooks
The Brontes Went to Woolworths. Rachel Ferguson
Heresy. S.J. Parris
Before the Throne. Naguib Mahfouz
The Swimming Pool. Holly LeCraw
An American Type. Henry Roth
A River in the Sky. Elizabeth Peters
Live To Tell. Lisa Gardner
Tinkers. Paul Harding
The Last Child. John Hart
The Hypnotist. M.J. Rose
The Forgotten Garden. Kate Morton
The Spider Bites. Medora Sale
The Three Weissmanns of Westport. Cathleen Schine
The Good Psychologist. Noam Shpancer
Damaged. Alex Kava
The Egypt Game. Zilpha Keatley Snyder
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. Alan Bradley
Think of a Number. John Verdon
All Is Forgotten, Nothing Is Lost. Lan Samantha Chang
The Convent. Panos Karnezis
The Inheritance. Simon Tolkien
The House Next Door. Anne Rivers Siddons
Book of Shadows. Alexandra Sokoloff
After Claude. Iris Owens
The Vanishing of Katharina Linden. Helen Grant
Juliet. Anne Fortier
The Weird Sisters. Eleanor Brown
The Thirty-Nine Steps. John Buchan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.