The 2010 edition of the Fall Into Reading Challenge, hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days, ended with the season, on December 20th. Once again, I read a dozen books during the challenge. Also once again, most of the books I read weren't on my list of possible reads when I started the challenge. But that's OK – I had fun, discovered a few new authors, revisited several old favorites, and polished off a number of books that had been on my TBR list for decades.
So I'm declaring this another challenge successfully completed. The one thing I haven't been too successful at is writing reviews of the books I read. Sorry about that. I still intend to post a few more of those in the next few days, and I'll add links as I do it.
Here's my list of books read, with links to the reviews that do exist:
- Cards on the Table. Agatha Christie
- The House Next Door. Anne Rivers Siddons
- Book of Shadows. Alexandra Sokoloff
- Animal Farm. George Orwell
- The Dark Half. Stephen King
- After Claude. Iris Owens
- The Vanishing of Katharina Linden. Helen Grant
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle. Shirley Jackson
- The Distant Hours. Kate Morton
- Juliet. Anne Fortier
- The Weird Sisters. Eleanor Brown
- The Thirty-Nine Steps. John Buchan