Friday, June 06, 2008

Weekly Geeks: Catching Up

Live long and prosper! (Sorry. Just couldn't resist saying that.)

OK. Onward.

I don't think I've participated in Weekly Geeks since the first week it started. But this week's theme caught my eye because it was supposed to be "Catch Up on Reviews Week." Now that's a great idea for me because even when I get a lot of reading done, I'm a terrible procrastinator when it comes to doing reviews. And I had the best intentions – I really did. But, as so often happens around here, real life kept interfering with blog life this week. So I never got those reviews written, darn it.

Well, I did get one written. I'm reading Susan Cooper's The Dark Is Rising series for the Once Upon a Time II Challenge, and I actually finished the second book a couple of weeks ago. But it took me till yesterday to get the review posted. I've finished reading the next book in the series, too (Greenwitch), and I'm going to try (really I am) to get a review of that one up in the next few days.

So, anyway, here's my list of books that I've finished reading and need to blog about.

The Bookman's Wake, by John Dunning
Chasing Vermeer, by Blue Balliett
Granny's Wonderful Chair, by Frances Browne (a re-read)
Greenwitch, by Susan Cooper
Mrs. Malory and the Delay of Execution, by Hazel Holt
Mrs. Malory and the Silent Killer, by Hazel Holt
Wish You Were Here, by Rita Mae Brown

Hmmmmm. Seems to be mostly mystery novels and children's books, doesn't it? Didn't realize I had gotten into such a rut. Have to work on doing some more "serious" reading in addition to writing reviews. Now if Weekly Geeks could just have "Catch Up on Reviews Week" every week, maybe that would be just the little kick in the pants I need!

1 comment:

  1. I like the list! As long as you like what you are reading, it does not matter!

    Weekly Geeks #6 Wrap up

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.