Sunday, May 04, 2008

The Sunday Salon: First Salon in May

Another Sunday and another Salon. I have to say, since joining the Salon a couple of months ago, I've really enjoyed spending time here every Sunday. Not that I've always had something pithy to contribute (well, I've never actually had anything pithy to contribute). And I don't always get around to reading every single post. But I try to read as many as possible, and comment on as many as possible, too. I love the wide array of ideas and tastes represented – and that each member seems to have a slightly different take on what to bring to the table, as it were.

Just a brief post this week. We've finally had a really beautiful day on a Sunday for a change, and I've mostly just been enjoying the great weather.

But I have been doing a bit of reading, too, and plan to do more this evening. I'm trying to finish up the last hundred pages or so of The Lace Reader, by Brunonia Barry. It's the book I snagged in LibraryThing's "Early Reviewer" program for April, and I'm eager to get it read and reviewed. So far, I've liked it much more than I expected to. And I feel fortunate to have received it so fast, since some members of the group are apparently still waiting for February and March offerings!

Well, that's it for this week. Think I'm going to go make myself a large gin & tonic and take my book out on the balcony for a while. Oh, yeah – the swallows came back this week, and they're out there right now, swooping and diving around the poplars – so I know spring is really here!

Happy Salon-ing, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be curious to read your review on "The Lace Reader." I have read two other reviews...this book sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.