Saturday, May 31, 2008

42 Challenge: Science Fiction Stuff

Well, I've just wrapped up one challenge (see below), so naturally it's time to jump right into a brand new one. I've known about this for a week or two now, and fully intended to join up, but I'm just now getting around to it. It's the 42 Challenge and it's being hosted by Becky, of Becky's Book Reviews.

The challenge "mission" is to "read, watch, listen, and review 42 sci-fi related items." Actually, you don't even need to do reviews – lists are OK, too. And, as Becky says, this is much more than a reading challenge because "short stories, poetry (???), novellas, novels, episodes of TV shows, episodes of radio shows, movies, comic books, graphic novels, audio books, essays or articles about science fiction or science fiction writers, biographies of science fiction authors" are all acceptable as items.

The official beginning of the challenge is January 1, 2009, and it ends December 3, 2009 – so it runs 42 weeks and 42 days. But Becky says you can begin whenever you join, which gives you a little cushion of extra time. Well, I'm even extending my cushion to include a review I did a few days earlier this week, about the new TV version of Michael Crichton's "Andromeda Strain" (see review).

So I'm all set to start immersing myself in science fiction stuff. Now if you book bloggers will just stop coming up with such tempting challenges, I'll be fine (really, I will).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.