Sunday, December 19, 2010

Challenges for 2011, Part 2

I should not be doing this. I'm really, truly trying to limit the number of reading challenges I'm signing up for in 2011. I've got myself involved in eight already, and that's definitely enough. But I've found two more that I really just can't resist, so here come numbers nine and ten:

New Authors Challenge 2011

1 January - 31 December 2011
Read a set number of books by authors who are new to you.
Three Levels: 15, 25, or 50 new authors
Host: Jackie of Literary Escapism
See the announcement/sign-up page here.
The 2010 version of this challenge was one of my favorites from this past year. I signed up to read fifteen new authors, and ended up doing much better than that. It was lots of fun and hardly any work - which I love. Even so, I'm playing it safe again this year and committing to fifteen new authors.


Young Readers Challenge 2011

January - December 2011
Read twelve children's books. These will be books from the "easy reading" or "junior/juvenile" sections of the library.
Host: Becky of Becky's Book Reviews
See the announcement/sign-up page here.
Becky's Book Reviews hosts this challenge annually. I tried it a couple of years ago, and didn't do very well with it. But I love reading kiddie lit, and didn't read any this past year. So maybe I can get a little nudge from the 2011 challenge.

So that's that. There are actually a couple more really tempting challenges out there calling my name, but for the moment I'm trying to exercise some restraint. For the moment. Tomorrow is another day, of course. Anyway, during the year I'll be updating my progress with these two, and all the others, on my challenge blog, here.

2 comments:

  1. That is a lot of challenges, but if you enjoy it, then who cares? It's all about adventure, I say. Good luck and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to limit my challenges too, but it's not quite working out that way. LOL Good luck with your challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.