Thursday, October 28, 2010

Booking Through Thursday: Skeletons

This week's BTT topic is skeletons. Not the spooky kind that rise up and dance around on Halloween, but the kind you hide in closets and cupboards. Literary skeletons, of course:
"What reading skeletons do you have in your closet? Books you’d be ashamed to let people know you love? Addiction to the worst kind of (fill in cheesy genre here)? Your old collection of Bobbsey Twin Mysteries lovingly stored behind your 'grown-up' books? You get the picture … come on, confess!"
So I have to confess . . . I really don't think I have any skeletons in the old closet, when it comes to my reading habits. I do have a lot of various literary (and semi-literary) addictions, and some of those might seem odd by another reader's standards (like my love of Little Lulu comics). And, yes, I do have a collection of old Bobbsey Twin books lovingly stored away, as well as Nancy Drews, Danny Dunns, and Happy Hollisters. But they're not in hiding - I just don't have room on the shelves for all the books I own.

I'm not embarrassed about any of the books I read. I guess I sort of agree with Oscar Wilde: "There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all."

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Joy. I don't really have any reading skeletons in my closet. I certainly wouldn't count Nancy Drew as one...she's what really got me hooked on reading (especially mysteries) in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think anyone should be ashamed of anything they've read.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.