Sunday, June 20, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. If you want to let the world know what books you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link.

I only finished one book last week, but it was a bit of a chunkster, so I don't feel like such a terrible slowpoke. Also started several reviews that never quite got themselves completely written – I'm hoping to get those finished up and posted this week (no, really – this time I mean it). Summer seems to have slowed me down a bit – all that dreaming of the beach can really get in the way of everything else, if you're not careful.
  • Finished last week:
    The Magicians, by Lev Grossman

  • Reviews posted:
    None (yet again!)

  • Reading this week:
    The Three Weissmanns of Westport, by Cathleen Schine (Picked this one up at the library on my last visit; I've heard mixed reports about it, but I'm enjoying it so far.)

    Damaged, by Alex Kava (Looking forward to this one; I've had it for a while now and don't know why I keep putting it off.)

  • Next up:
    Probably Fever Dream, the newest addition to the Pendergast series by Preston and Child (looks great!), or another of my library finds, Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, by Helen Simonson.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you like Fever Dream. It's a lot better than the previous one, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great week in books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Major Pettigrew's Last Stand sounds like a wonderful read. Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read some good things about Major Pettigrew's Last Stand. I hope you enjoy it along with your other books. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, I thought it was good. I didn't like The Magicians, but I seem to be in the minority there.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got 2 on your list I want to read: Pettigrew and Weismanns!! Can't wait to read your thoughts...

    Here is my list for the week:
    http://www.gerberadaisydiaries.com/2010/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_21.html

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.