Sunday, December 30, 2018

2018 Monthly Key Word Challenge: The Wrap-Up




Host: Bev @ My Reader's Block
Dates: Throughout 2018
See my original post about the challenge HERE.

I loved this challenge!

The goal was to read at least one book each month, with a title that includes one or more of that month's key words, and I actually did manage to read a qualifying book every month. In fact, in May I read two! Somewhere along the line I stopped doing reviews, so in that respect I was sort of a failure. But I really enjoyed finding the books every month — and, of course reading the books (some more than others) — and I'm hugely grateful to Bev for hosting. Haven't decided about joining next year's challenge (click here for details and sign-ups), but I'm definitely considering it. Anyway, here's what I read:

List of Monthly Key Words:



My Reading List:

JANUARY:
• If Morning Ever Comes. Anne Tyler (See Review)

FEBRUARY:
• Miss Zukas and the Library Murders (Miss Zukas #1). Jo Dereske (See Review)

MARCH:
Give the Boys a Great Big Hand (87th Precinct #11). Ed McBain (See Review)

APRIL:
Time Out of Joint. Philip K. Dick (See Review)

MAY:
At the Mountains of Madness. H.P. Lovecraft (See Review)
Pale Horse, Pale Rider: Three Short Novels. Katherine Anne Porter (See Review)

JUNE:
When You Reach Me. Rebecca Stead (See Review)

JULY:
The Mystery of the Blue Train (Hercule Poirot #6). Agatha Christie (See Review)

AUGUST:
The Dead House. Billy O'Callaghan (See Review)

SEPTEMBER:
Call for the Dead (George Smiley #1). John le Carré (See Review)

OCTOBER:
The Night She Died (Inspector Thanet #1). Dorothy Simpson

NOVEMBER:
Broomsticks Over Flaxborough (Flaxborough Chronicles #7). Colin Watson

DECEMBER:
The Red Book of Primrose House (Potting Shed Mystery #2). Marty Wingate


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.