Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays: Staying On

This week my teaser lines come from Staying On, Paul Scott's 1977 Man Booker Prize winning novel about a British couple in India after Independence.
My eyes never seem to have quite made up their minds about being grey, blue, green or violet. In those days the faint green tinge could be picked up by a green accessory. Later, by wearing deep red. Then the green faded from my eyes forever. But this is woman's talk. It couldn't interest you. (p.140)
I know that's a lot more than a couple of lines. Sorry, but it was hard to decide what to cut. And poor Lucy (the speaker of the lines) does tend to ramble on and on and on. Sounds familiar, hmmmm?



Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

3 comments:

  1. A great tease. She sounds like an interesting woman...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting read, even with all the rambling. ,-)
    My teaser: Mrs. Miracle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better a longer teaser that does the job nicely (like this one) then a teaser that obeys the rules but leaves us hanging!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.