Saturday, December 31, 2011

Off the Shelf Challenge 2012

Hosted by: Bookish Ardour
Dates: 1 January - 31 December, 2012

See the announcement/sign-up page here, for guidelines. I'll be signing up at level two again this year ("Trying" -- 15 books), but hope to read a few more than that.

I have a ridiculously huge number of books on my TBR shelves/lists, so there's a lot to choose from (some of them are listed on my GoodReads "To-Read" shelf). Haven't made up my mind about which ones I'll read this year, but these are a few I'm considering:
  • Afternoon Men. Anthony Powell
  • Buddenbrooks. Thomas Mann
  • Death of a Hollow Man. Caroline Graham
  • The Inn at Lake Devine. Elinor Lipman
  • Jane Eyre. Charlotte Bronte
  • Los Alamos. Joseph Kanon
  • The Moonstone. Wilkie Collins
  • The Sign of the Book. John Dunning
During the year, I'll be tracking my progress on my challenge blog here.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with these, Joy! Off the shelf is one challenge I really want to tackle. It's ridiculous how many books around here have gone unread. Wishing you a happy and healthy new year.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.