Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Just One More: The Aussie Author Challenge

I really did think I was finished with my challenge sign-ups for the new year. But apparently I was wrong about that. Don't know how I missed this one. I love Australian cinema and koala bears, so I'll probably love Australian literature too, don't you think? And anyway, who could resist that adorable platypus on the button?

The Aussie Author Challenge 2011

Dates: 1 January - 31 December 2011
Host: Joanne of Booklover Book Reviews
Two Reading Levels: "Tourist" - Read and review three books by three different Australian authors; or "True Blue" - Read and review twelve books by at least nine different authors.
See the announcement/sign-up page here.

I'll be signing up at the "Tourist" level, so I'll be reading three books. I've wanted to read My Brilliant Career (by Miles Franklin) for decades now, and this might be just the nudge I need. I'm also interested in works by Christina Stead, Elizabeth Jolley, Shirley Hazzard, and Peter Carey. So there's lots to choose from. I'll have my list of possible choices posted on my challenge blog shortly, and I'll be updating my progress there, through the year.

6 comments:

  1. Girl going to wish you good luck with Aussie challenge but like all things I know you're going to stand up and do us all proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with it Joy! Sometimes one of these challenges is just the ticket to get you to read that book you have been meaning to for yonks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very warm welcome to the Aussie Author Challenge Joy! It took me too long to get around to reading My Brilliant Career also, am sure you will enjoy it just as much as I did.

    PS: Glad you like the button - so glad the platypus won the vote for animal mascot this year - they certainly are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Challenges are almost addictive, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.