Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Stitch Me Deadly


Jill at Breaking the Spine, hosts "Waiting On" Wednesday, a weekly event spotlighting those new and future releases that we're looking forward to getting our hands on.

And this week, the book I'm looking forward to is:


Stitch Me Deadly
Written by Amanda Lee
Signet Books
Release date: February 1, 2011

Description (from GoodReads):
Marcy Singer owns The Seven Year Stitch, an embroidery specialty shop in the small town of Tallulah Falls, Oregon. Trouble strikes when an elderly woman brings an antique piece of embroidery into the shop-and promptly dies of unnatural causes. Now Marcy has to stitch together clues to catch a crafty killer.

Amanda Lee is a pseudonym of author Gayle Trent, who also writes as Holly Jordan. This is the second in Lee's Embroidery Mystery series; the first was last year's The Quick and the Thread. Haven't read that one yet, but I love Monica Ferris's Needlecraft Mystery series (featuring amateur sleuth and needlework shop owner Betsy Devonshire), so I thought I'd give these a try.

6 comments:

  1. The Quick and the Thread was excellent and I've got Stitch Me Deadly to review. Look for a giveaway in Feb. Yay Signet!!

    Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hadn't read this series yet, but I do have The Quick and the Thread on my stacks....

    Looking forward to it. Hope you enjoy this one.

    Here's mine:

    http://embracethewhirlwind.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/waiting-on-wednesday-jan-19/

    ReplyDelete
  3. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/waiting-on-wednesday_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of these books and normally something I wouldn't pick but I love the premise and I might need a change.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds interesting! I'm currently working through a few mystery series before acquiring more, but I hope you enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.