Friday, March 11, 2011

2010 NBCC Awards

The winners of the 2010 National Book Critics Circle Awards have been announced. Here's the list of winners:
  • Biography:

    Sarah Bakewell. How To Live: Or, A Life of Montaigne in One Question and Twenty Attempts at an Answer (Other Press)


  • Poetry:

    C. D. Wright. One with Others: [a little book of her days] (Copper Canyon)

  • Criticism:

    Clare Cavanagh. Lyric Poetry and Modern Politics: Russia, Poland, and the West (Yale University Press)

  • Nonfiction:

    Isabel Wilkerson. The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration (Random House)


  • Autobiography:

    Darin Strauss. Half a Life (McSweeney’s)

  • Fiction:

    Jennifer Egan. A Visit from the Goon Squad (Knopf)


For more information about the winners, and a list of the other nominees, see the NBCC blog, Critical Mass.

1 comment:

  1. I saw Isabel Wilkerson on Book TV, and the books sounds fascinating. I think you may watch it online if you wish (and if you don't have a slowish satellite internet connection as I do!)

    http://www.booktv.org/Program/11958/2010+Texas+Book+Festival+Michele+Norris+quotThe+Grace+of+Silencequot+and+Isabel+Wilkerson+quotThe+Warmth+of+Other++++Sunsquot.aspx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.