Saturday, December 20, 2014

Challenge Wrap-Up: 2014 Newbery Reading Challenge

2014 Newbery Reading Challenge
Hosted by: Julie @ Smiling Shelves

For the 2014 Newbery Reading Challenge, participants were assigned points for each book read. I signed up at the basic level ("L'Engle" / 15-29 points), and just managed to get my 15 points (if I've calculated correctly). Here's what I read:
  1. Fog Magic. Julia L. Sauer (Newbery Honor Book, 1944) = 2 points 
  2. The Hundred Dresses. Eleanor Estes; illus. by Louis Slobodkin (Newbery Honor Book, 1945) = 2 points
  3. The House in the Night. Susan Marie Swanson; illus. by Beth Krommes (Caldecott Winner, 2009) = 1 point 
  4. The Family Under the Bridge. Natalie Savage Carlson; illus. by Garth Williams (Newbery Honor Book, 1959) = 2 points 
  5. My Father's Dragon. Ruth Stiles Gannett; illus. by Ruth Chrisman Gannett (Newbery Honor Book, 1949) = 2 points
  6. Missing May. Cynthia Rylant (Newbery Medal Winner, 1993) = 3 points
  7. The Cat Who Went to Heaven. Elizabeth Coatsworth (Newbery Medal Winner, 1931) = 3 points
I really enjoyed the reading for this challenge (thanks, Julie!), so I'm thinking of joining in on the 2015 challenge, too -- should go well with the I Love Picture Books Challenge I've signed up for.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.