Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday Thingers: Confused and Frustrated? (Who? Me?)

This week, Wendi has the following questions for the Tuesday Thingers group:

What areas of Library Thing do you find confusing or frustrating? The team at LT seem to be continually updating things at the site. Is there anything in particular that you would like to see updated or changed?

Well, in general, I'm pretty satisfied with the way LT works. But yes, as Wendi says, it would be nice to have a way to search by user name, and as far as I know, it doesn't exist at the moment. Not really sure how much I'd use it, though. I admit I'm not very good at searching out friends at LT. But I've never been able to get the email tool to work for me, either.

I think the thing I find most frustrating is just the general slowness of the site, and I'm not sure there's much to be done about that. Just too much traffic, I guess. LibraryThing has turned into a very popular site, and rightly so. And I guess delays are to be expected.

One thing I'd like to see at LT is more book descriptions and capsule synopses, such as you find at Good Reads. Some books do have descriptions in the Common Knowledge section, but not all. Of course, I guess if I want to see more descriptions, I should stop my griping, get myself in gear, and add some of my own, right?

Tuesday Thingers is hosted by Wendi of Wendi's Book Corner. If you'd like to see more or participate yourself, head on over to her blog and leave a comment.

1 comment:

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.