Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lost In Translation Reading Challenge

And here's another one I just couldn't pass up. The Lost in Translation Challenge is being hosted by Frances of Nonsuch Book, and runs all year, from January 1 to December 31, 2009. You can read all about it on the challenge announcement page, but the basic idea is just to read six books in translation over the course of the challenge.

I've got quite a few translated books on my TBR list already, so I thought this challenge might fit nicely with the Read Your Own Books Challenge I've also signed up for. No list of books is required, but since I'm a confirmed list-maker, here's my prelim:

Solaris, by Stanislaw Lem
If on a winter's night a traveler, by Italo Calvino
Something by Arturo Perez-Reverte (probably The Nautical Chart)
Something by Haruki Murakami (probably After Dark or The Wind-up Bird Chronicle)
Something by Milan Kundera (probably Ignorance)
Something by Jose Saramago (probably The Double)

1 comment:

  1. I'd go with Wind up Bird Chronicle. Amazing!!

    I should do a challenge where I actually read books in a foreign language. My husband would love it if I read books in German.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.