Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I'm Not Very Political, But...

Woke up to great news today. Hillary Clinton won the New Hampshire Democratic primary. I was surprised at how happy that made me. Guess I didn't realize how much I wanted her to win until it looked like she would lose!

Not that I'm a huge Hillary fan – in fact, I'd really be an Edwards supporter, if I thought he had any chance of winning. I don't dislike her in the way M. seems to, but I have my own problems with her policies and with her personality. However, I think I agree with a comment on last night's evening news – one woman voter said she didn't want to look back, ten years from now, and have to say she didn't vote for the first female president.

Well, that may be a slightly ditzy remark, but I think I know what she meant. And that's sort of the way I feel – men have been screwing things up for centuries now. Maybe it's time they gave us little ladies a chance.

Also, I was really put off by the reactions to her "emotional breakdown" the other day. Both the press and the other candidates were like sharks who'd tasted blood. I was especially disappointed in John Edwards' remark about the U.S. needing a strong leader. Where the heck is it written that a person can't show a little emotion and still be a strong leader? Mothers have been doing that since the beginning of time.

So now it's on to Michigan and Nevada and South Carolina. Go, Hillary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.