Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday Thingers: Going Mobile

Wasn't that a song by the Who?

But I digress. Already.

This week's topic for the Tuesday Thingers group is about Library Thing and mobile devices:

Were you aware that LT had a mobile version of the site? Do you ever visit sites via a mobile device? Can you think of anything this would help you with?

Yes, I guess I did know about LT's mobile capabilities. But I've ignored them. See – I'm one of the least knowledgeable people in the world when it comes to mobile technology. My cell phone is so ancient (and yet, it's only a few years old) that it isn't set up to access email or the internet or play games or take photos. Or play the ocarina. It rings, I answer. That's it.

To me a mobile device is a bicycle or a wheelchair.

I don't text or IM. Although I think my cell phone is sophisticated enough for that – I would not even know how to go about it.

But having said all that, I should also say that I can see how wonderfully convenient it would be to have access to my library catalogue when I'm out book shopping or library browsing. Yes, I have on occasion come home with a copy of a book that's already sitting on my shelves. Avoiding that would be an obvious good thing. So maybe when I finally decide to upgrade to a jazzier mobile device, I'll give LT's mobile thingies a try.

Tuesday Thingers is hosted by Wendi of Wendi's Book Corner. If you'd like to see more or participate yourself, head on over to her blog and leave a comment.

5 comments:

  1. Bicycle or wheel chair -- hahahah! That's funny! Yeah, something like a blackberry would be nice but have you seen how much the service costs per month? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot this -- Allen came home from B&N last night with a shiny new copy of a book he already has so we have to make another trip back -- darn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an old fashioned cell phone too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I should not put this in writing, but I no longer HAVE a cell phone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) You make me smile Joy - which feels really good.

    I have a cell that is much more advanced than what I use it for - I refuse to pay those awful fees to browse the internet, especially when I'm trying to use my phone LESS, not MORE!

    Thanks for stopping by and participating in Thingers last week! I've got the post up for this week. ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.