Saturday, January 15, 2022

2022 Reading Challenges - Sign-Ups (Part 1)

I didn’t exactly wipe out when it comes to reading challenges in 2021. I managed to do the reading and actually completed several of the challenges. But I didn’t review many of the books I read. Of course, I use the challenges as a spur to keep me reading, and that worked really well. So I’d say it was sort of a 50/50 result. 

I’m getting a bit of a late start in signing up for the 2022 challenges. I’ve had to concentrate on some medical goings-on for the last few months, but things seem to be calming down a bit now and I’ve had a little more time to think about bookish adventures and new challenges. So, here we go….

2022 Bookish Resolutions Challenge

Host: Because Reading Is Better Than Real Life
Dates: January 1 - December 31, 2022

Click here for announcement, rules, and sign-ups. 

I don’t generally make New Year’s resolutions (who needs that pressure?), but this year I do have a few reading/blogging goals.

My bookish resolutions for 2022: 

  • Read at least 50 books. This is always my annual goal, but most years I don’t reach it. Last year, however, I managed to read 52 books, and I’m hoping I can do at least that well in 2022. 
  • Post more reviews than I posted last year. This shouldn’t be difficult to achieve, since last year I only reviewed two or three books on the blog. 
  • Do a better job of replying to comments from readers of my blog(s). I always read and appreciate every comment on my posts, but I don’t always remember to leave a reply or thank you. Must do better. 
  • Get my NetGalley review percentage up to an acceptable level. I’m not going to commit to any specific number because at the moment my percentage is so embarrassingly low, any increase would be an enormous improvement. 
  • Finish Jane Eyre! I’ve started Charlotte Brontë’s masterpiece several times over the years, but never actually made it through to the end. It isn’t that I don’t find it enjoyable – I just keep being diverted by real life… and other books. Last year I got halfway through, farther than I’ve ever gotten in the past. Hoping 2022 will be the year I can finally check it off my TBR list. 
Should be interesting to see how far I get with these goals. 


2022 Books in Translation Reading Challenge

Host: Introverted Reader
Dates: January 1 - December 31, 2022


I'll be signing up at the Beginner Level (Beginner: Read 1-3 books in translation). I should be able to handle at least one or two translated works.



Calendar of Crime 2022

Host: Bev @ My Reader's Block
Dates: January 1 - December 31, 2022

Click here for announcement, rules, and sign-ups.

The Calendar of Crime challenge is always one of my favorites, so I'll definitely be signing up for this year's edition. I love matching up books to categories, and I really do intend to review all the books I read this year. Seriously. 



Cloak and Dagger Reading Challenge 2022

Host: Carol's Notebook
Dates: January 1 - December 31, 2022


Crime fiction is my go-to genre, so this challenge is a natural for me. I read a lot of books for the 2021 challenge, but didn't get many reviews written. This year I hope to do a much better job of actually participating in the challenge. I'll be signing up at the Detective Level (16-25 books). 



European Reading Challenge 2022

Host: Rose City Reader
Dates: January 1 - December 31, 2022

Click here for announcement, rules, and sign-ups.

Another of my favorite challenges — it can be such a great way to find new authors and learn about places I'd love to tour in real life. 2022 is the tenth anniversary for this challenge and I've signed up almost every year. This year I'll be joining in at the Three-Star (Business Traveler) Level, but (as always) hope to do a little better than three books. 
..........

I have a few more challenges in mind, but this is enough for now. During the year, I'll be tracking my progress and keeping all my lists over on my challenge blog

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Books in Translation challenge! I hope you find some titles you like.

    I signed up for the Bookish Resolutions challenge as well and our goals are remarkably similar. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jen. Thanks to you too, for hosting the challenge!

      Delete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.